Pages

Monday 22 August 2011

Wedding Card and Gift - Moving Along With the Times

I made this card and gift for a friend who got married on New Year's Eve 2008.
I have chosen this for this weeks "Moving Along With the Times" challenge because I remember being really pleased with the technique and the finished product.

The candle is made using a Papermania stamp on tissue paper which is then "melted" into the candle using a heat gun. I then added sticky ribbons and gems. On the back I have written the name of the bride and groom and the date of the wedding. The card is made using the same stamp and then layered on to pink roses paper.
I have also made a gift bag for the candle using 12"x12" cream paper which is embossed with hearts. I then added a gold ribbon and tag. The tag was made using the same papers as the card.

2 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love decorating candles .. and this is just so pretty . What a fabulous wedding gift
Thanks for embracing my flashback week at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Pami said...

Wow Emma what a wonderful gift set, and such a perfect wedding gift, no wonder you are so proud of it! Thank you so much for joining in the fun at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x